Thread: sql server agent icon

andy cudlip Guest

sql server agent icon

Can anybody tell me what the following icon means against the SQL Server Agent in EM. I'll describe as best as I can:

Its the usual pc tower picture, but instead of the usual green arrow or red square at the bottom, I'm getting what looks like a window (its very small, I can't tell exactly).

When I see this icon, I can't see or change the Service Startup Account under properties and EM doesn't seem to know if the service is stopped or started (I get the option to do either - although both fail if I try them)

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Andy

Ray Miao Guest

sql server agent icon (reply)

Seems you don't have enough permission on those servers.

------------
    andy cudlip at 7/23/2002 11:45:59 AM

Can anybody tell me what the following icon means against the SQL Server Agent in EM. I'll describe as best as I can:

Its the usual pc tower picture, but instead of the usual green arrow or red square at the bottom, I'm getting what looks like a window (its very small, I can't tell exactly).

When I see this icon, I can't see or change the Service Startup Account under properties and EM doesn't seem to know if the service is stopped or started (I get the option to do either - although both fail if I try them)

Regards

Andy

andy cudlip Guest

I'm connecting as sa. Are the permissions for the windows account on my PC important (even though I'm connecting as sa to the database)?

------------
    Ray Miao at 7/23/2002 4:48:27 PM

------------

Regards

Andy

Andy Cudlip Guest

On investigating further, its related to the "The SQL Server xxxx is not known to be running" message. For every server where I get this message , I get this strange agent icon. I think it means that my client and server are in different domains - is there anything I can do about this?

------------
    Ray Miao at 7/23/2002 4:48:27 PM

------------

Regards

Andy