Thread: SQL database

Jazib Frahim Guest

SQL database

I have a SQL server. I had a database on it (com.dat and log file com.log) which was backed up by NT. For some reason,another admin formated the HD and installed NT and SQL again. How would I make SQL server to see that database.
    In other words, how would I make my new SQL server to see the old database.
    Please respond back ASAP
    Thanks

Jarlath O'Grady Guest

SQL database (reply)

When backup that you made with NT was running was SQL Server running?

------------
    Jazib Frahim at 4/29/99 2:56:12 PM

I have a SQL server. I had a database on it (com.dat and log file com.log) which was backed up by NT. For some reason,another admin formated the HD and installed NT and SQL again. How would I make SQL server to see that database.
    Please respond back ASAP
    Thanks

Ray Miao Guest

SQL database (reply)

If your backup is .dat files, create a new database with same size on same devices as old one, then shut down the sql server and use backup .dat files to replace the device files your just created, resart sql server. As long as your new sql installation use same character set & sort order as the old one, you should see the db. If your backup is db dump file, just create a db with same size as old one, then load the dump.

------------
    Jarlath O'Grady at 4/30/99 8:08:41 AM

When backup that you made with NT was running was SQL Server running?

------------
    Jazib Frahim at 4/29/99 2:56:12 PM

Please respond back ASAP
    Thanks