Thread: Continuously calculating on form

Continuously calculating on form

Hi,

This is my first time using any forum so I hope I don't waste anybodies time but I have an Access problem that I can't get past. I created a user form that when a user makes a selection, the screen flickers and the status bar shows "calculating ..." continuously.

Background

The purpose of the form is to enter and display a users work hours by date and account#. I have the form set up to open to the last date the user entered data, ex last date was Aug 17th 2010, then the form opens as

Month: August, week 3, starting with 8-15 through 8-21

A sub form based on a crosstab query which is a summary of a users work history by account# and date, displays

Row Heading: Account#:
    Column Heading: WeekDay
    Value:Hours worked

When a user clicks into this sub form, a macro pulls the account# and Week Day date to hidden fields on the form. Another sub form that show the detail or history for that selected day, is linked ( mother/child ) to these hidden fields. The details displayed in the 2nd sub form are, the date, account number, hours work and a description of each activity, there maybe more that 1 activity.

The problem is once a user clicks into the 1st sub form, summary, the screen flickers and the status bar shows "calculating ..." continuously. I have seen may applications with similar set ups but not the same result. Any ideas of what's going on and how to fix it?

Have you tried debugging i.e. putting a debug stop on the event trigger and then stepping through the code to see what is happening?

Yes but there is not much code to step through. Main form is based on a look up date table mm/yy. The main sub form crosstab query and the detail records sub form is a select qurey that links to 2 fields on the main form; date (dd/mm/yy) and account code.