Thread: Access 2002 sub report problem

Access 2002 sub report problem

I have a report in MS Access 2002 that contains a sub report. The problem is that the report doesn't open. The status bar indicating the Formatting of the page zips along, but just as the report is about to display data it hangs. If I run the main report without the sub report it runs fine.

I also created the same report (same queries, same ODBC data source) with 2 sub reports in MS Access 97 and it runs without any problem. Is there a known fault with sub reports in access 2002 or is there a property or something I'm not setting. Any help with this is very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

What happens when you run the sub-report by itself?
    Could you show us the sql that you are using for the main report, and the sql that you are using for the sub-report, and what the link master fields and link child fields are.

Quote Originally Posted by barlowr70 View Post
    I have a report in MS Access 2002 that contains a sub report. The problem is that the report doesn't open. The status bar indicating the Formatting of the page zips along, but just as the report is about to display data it hangs. If I run the main report without the sub report it runs fine.

I also created the same report (same queries, same ODBC data source) with 2 sub reports in MS Access 97 and it runs without any problem. Is there a known fault with sub reports in access 2002 or is there a property or something I'm not setting. Any help with this is very welcome.

Thanks in advance.
    The first thing I would try is this:

In the section with thee sub report, change the Keep Together property to NO.
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTech Coach
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Office Programming 25+ years as a Software Developer specializing in:
    Business Process Management
    Accounting/Inventory Control
    Customer Relations Management (CRM)
    Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)