Thread: Report with 2 Columns . . .

Question Report with 2 Columns . . .

Hello, I am trying to create a report with 2 columns. So far I have a report where the left column contains member details on multiple rows (and in multiple fields) while the right column displays that member's research interests which is a memo field and therefore spreads over multiple rows in that column. I want to line these up. However, what's happening is that the second field in the left column is only displaying after the research interests field has been displayed in the right column. This leaves multiple spare lines between the first and second fields in the left column. How can I get the fields to display on sequential lines in the left column? Is it possible? Any help is greatly appreciated. Regards, Mary.

Make the Memo field taller so that he bottom edge is lined up with the bottom of the controls to it's left.
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTech Coach
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Office Programming 25+ years as a Software Developer specializing in:
    Business Process Management
    Accounting/Inventory Control
    Customer Relations Management (CRM)
    Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)

Mary, if HiTechCoach's suggestion does not work, you could try to make sure that all of your fields have the "Can Grow" property set to No. I believe that will cause them all to be printed as you have them laid out in design view.

Thank you so much - yes, that works. Really appreciated. (I can't believe the solution was so easy - I was looking for a way more complicated answer and THAT, obviously, was the real problem :-)

Golfer Guy, thank you for responding. The HiTech Coach's solution works in my current situation. I'll remember to check out the 'Can Grow' property though in the future ... Cheers, Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mares View Post
    Thank you so much - yes, that works. Really appreciated. (I can't believe the solution was so easy - I was looking for a way more complicated answer and THAT, obviously, was the real problem :-)
    You're welcome.

Thank you for the up[date. Glad that worked for you.
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTech Coach
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Office Programming 25+ years as a Software Developer specializing in:
    Business Process Management
    Accounting/Inventory Control
    Customer Relations Management (CRM)
    Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)