Thread: Permissions with log shipping

Permissions with log shipping

I am running log shipping on SQL 2000 and am running into permissioning problems on one of my servers. The maintenance plan is log shipping a database from server A to servers B and C. The logs are loading fine in both servers and as sysadmin I can select data from both logship dbs via query analyzer. Server B has the correct permissions and end users can run select statements from it. Server C will not allow the same user to run a select statement due to permissions.

I would like to temporarily take the db out of standby/read-only just for a moment on server C to revoke and grant (sp_revokedbaccess and sp_grantdbaccess) then put it back into standby mode to continue loading logfiles.

Thanks.

Does that user exist in sourse db? If not, you can't fix it.

the user exists in all 3 servers. however the SID is different in server C. i think if i can get the SID to be the same the permissions will work. at least that is what i am attempting at the moment.

That's right, you can get dis of the login from source server and recreate that login with same sid on server c. Don't need stop log shipping.