Thread: PASS 2008 - What are you looking forward to?

Threaded View

Follow-Up

Well, I'm back at work after a great week in Seattle.

It's funny now looking back at my list of expected highlights.

The worst session I went to was what I had listed as "Wednesday's (expected) highlight": Big Data: Working with Terabytes in SQL Server. It was about "sliding window" partitioning and didn't go into anything new or give any recommendations. Very disappointing.

I didn't even attend Thursday's "(expected) highlight" (Test-Driven Development for Database Professionals) because I was in Michael Rys's talk on spatial indexes. That was one of the best sessions of the whole week.

On Friday, I was very pleased with Gail Shaw's session, "The Dirty Dozen ... 12 Ways to Write Badly Performing T-SQL". That was followed immediately by "[Anti]Patterns and [Mal]Practices: Learning to do Things Right by Evaluating How Others Have Done Them Wrong." This one was a waste. Luckily I had to leave early to catch the train.
    Overall, it was a great week. The real highlight? Microsoft's "Ask the Experts" tables. That was a huge hit for me.
    Last edited by rgarrison; 11-24-2008 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Color course names