Thread: Oracle Enterprice manager not starting

Exclamation Oracle Enterprice manager not starting

Hi Gurus,

When i am trying to install oracle 10g in the windows environemt i am able to complete the installation,but after installation i am unable to see the enterprice manager it was saying that there the data base was configured but the enterprice manager was not conigured,

please help me out to solve the issue.

Thanks,
    Kalyan,

have u ever installed an oracle enterprise manager on the system prior this?if so then u didnt complete the uninstallation. if not then may be ur scheduller has not been started.try check the services on ur control panel and see if everything is started.if all has been checked ill advise u uninstall completely and try re installation.

The check option should be enabled in order to use OEM Database Control when creating a database using DBCA.

heyz,
    As you can open EM from web application, by doing the following steps:
    1- go to run --> cmd --> and write (emctl start)
    2- make sure that it is started successfully. if not, try to find the error that stops the em (enterprise manager)
    3- if started successfully, then you can navigate through internet explorer --> and write this link (http://localhost:1158/em) where localhost can be replaced by the database service, and 1158 is the port for em (you can check it from portlist.ora file, which is located in the oracle home)
    I hope this benifit you.

Hey

Guess am having the same problem i just installed an oracle 11g software.everything is working perfectlybut am unable to open the em.av tried all the tricks i think i can perform,i need a saviour pls.b4 i loose my head.lol