Thread: i need to build a database according to the given file which is in excel format

i need to build a database according to the given file which is in excel format

can anyone please help me design a database and give the steps as to how i should start with this and wat all i should do to transfer the data from this excel sheet onto a MS sql server 2005 database.Please provide me the steps as to how to go on with this as this is my 1st project and it is a qualifying round for me..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Read sql2k5 books online, that tells you how to create db and table. Then you can load data from excel with bcp, bulk insert or data import wizard in sql2k5.

It's Really Easy to Do ...

While you should read the BOL entries as appropriate first, as suggested by my colleague, table creation and importing data via the wizard is a very simple matter (be sure to monitor data types fo each table you load ...). The wizard will take the spreadsheet, and both build a table (1 spreadsheet per designed table is easiest) and populate same with your data.

As you progress, please return to ask questions on the specific things you encounter. We'll help you develop a complete and accurate starter database!

Bill