Thread: Printing reports and forms (Access 2K)

Unhappy Printing reports and forms (Access 2K)

Is there a way to print out a copy of a report? I would like to print
    out a blank hard copy of a report that was created for training purposes.

It would also like to know if there is a way to print out a form.
    Currently I am printing forms by using the print screen key and copying
    the results to MS Paint.

Any help performing either or both of these functions is greatly
    appreciated.

(Just as an FYI, I am using an Access 2K database)

Printing a copy of report
    Make of a copy of your report, then set the fields of your report to unbound. You should be able to print the layout with no data.

Printing a form
    Check that you have the database toolbar active, do this by selecting View, then toolbar and Database is checked. Open your form this will display the form ready for data entry etc. On the database toolbar select the printer icon and this will print the displayed form. You could select the Print Preview icon on the database toolbar before printing.
    Allan

Thanks! Your directions worked like a charm!

Now my only issue is to know if there is a way to print a subset of the pages within a report. My inquiries at other websites seem to indicate that this action is beyond the capability of Access and that tedious VBA code would have to be implemented in order to complete this task.

Are there any other options?

What do you mean by a sub set?

Do you mean a sub report on a report?

You can print selected page range e.g. pages 4 to 6 etc. by selecting File - Print, then select in the Print Range select Page From then Page To
    Allan

Sorry for being nebulous. What I mean is a range of pages.

When I open a report in Preview mode it, there is a print icon present but I have found that choosing this icon results in the entire report printing out. I just want to print a few pages.

This is especially troubling because the report that I would like to print has amassed to a size of over 2000 pages. I just need to print 4 pages.

Please note that I am working in Access 2K. Any help is appreciated.

Allan explained how to print a few pages, and you say you need four pages out of 2000 to print. So, use the preview mode, then select File, Print, which will give you a Print dialog box, then put in the pages you want to print. You can enter the From and To page numbers. If you only want one page, you can enter that page number for both the From and To.

Of course the other thing that would be, IMHO, best would be to restrict the records being fed to the report to be those records on the 4 pages that you want to print.