Thread: Access 2007 Not Responding When Multiple Users In Database (vista)

Access 2007 Not Responding When Multiple Users In Database (vista)

Greetings! I'm a new member and this is my first post - bare with me.

I'm curious if any of you have had issue with Access 2007 on Vista in a multi-user environment. I recently upgraded a clients office from XP to Vista and also upgraded their MS office package to 2007. (They were previously using office 2000).

Their CRM was located within an Access 2000 MDB. Since the installation, the database was upgraded from MDB to ACCDB (2000 to 2007). The database is located on a 2000 server which is a trusted location within the new trust 'feature' of Access. Database size is ~100mb, network is 1000mb.

Performance previously was nearly instant. Since the upgrade, the application will stop responding when switching back and forth between windows (say Internet Explorer then back to Access) for several seconds. Queries that took 1 second now take 45.

I'm kind of stumped at the moment. With one user in the database it works just fine. Performance degrades the more users open the database. I'm sure it has something to do with security settings (either on vista, in the new version of access or both). Please respond if you've ran into a similar issue or can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
    --Jake

Access Speed

I am currently having the same problem with a 2000 to 2002 upgrade. I have spent the entire summer cleaning old tables and queries from this database and am frustrated it's even slower now. Here is some documentation we found from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/275085/

All honesty, it seems to have made things slower for us, but it's a start in the right direction. If you find anything else, please let me know!

Carrie

Followed up with ....
    http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/perf...ldblocking.htm

This page SAVED our database. Fantastic something so small as a dummy table could solve it!