Thread: Pop Ups on a Form

Pop Ups on a Form

Occasionally, my co workers tend to delete data and save it on accident while they are updating an entry in our form.

Is there a way where I can have a pop up appear that asks "Do you want to save?" when they try to change records in order to give them a chance to hit "cancel" and restore the entry to it's former data? I've been trying to look through many different books, but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

Thank you!

How do the user save the new data?

You could have two buttons on your form one to Confirm Input, the other to Restore to Previous Values.

The Confirm input would save the record, the Restore to Previous values would involve having hidden temporary fields to are populated when the record is selected and when the user presses this button the data in the temporary fields repopulate the form.

For Deletion make sure your Document Deletions option is ticked in the Tools -- Option menu.
    Allan

Fantastic! I implemented your suggestions and I can "undo" a change even after I've saved once. This works really well!

Thank you for all of your help!

I am glad that your problem is solved. Let me know if still assistance.
    Allan

Putting a pop-up like that is a great idea. Some of my own records are accessed by different people. It's a good way to minimize "accidents" like saving something that's not supposed to be in your file.

Alan, your suggestion was very helpful. Thanks!