Thread: Another aspDBSP Question

Another aspDBSP Question

When a SP returns more than one data set aspDBSP displays each set. We have an SP that returns 10 sets, if set 4 is empty then sets 1,2, and 3 are displayed followed by the error message

(1601 : PreFDR1) Error
    No Matching Record(s)

Any sets with data following this are not displayed. Is there a way to have the empty set display no records and allow the follwoing sets to display?

Thanks
    Kriss

have not come across this special case. can you supply a pub or Northwid DB for me reflecting this situation. Normally, emply set (not error) should not stop the execution.

Frank

SP multple data sets exit upon first error

Your observation is correct. Bug fixed. Please send me an email frank@aspdb.com so I can send you the patch dll to test.

Frank

Thanks for the fix. I have also noticed that the .dbPageSize does not work, each set returned displays all records.

.dbMode = "type=GRID | sysindex=true | Classic=TRUE"
    .dbSkin = 1
    .dbPageSize = 5
    .dbStoredProcCmdParams = "spname=FDRreview|NoRs=f; Name=@CLnum| Type=int| Value= "& CLnum &", Name=@FDRdate|Type=datetime|Value= "& FDRdate
    '.dbDebug = "activesql, fields"
    .ASPdbSP("GetAll=TRUE")

Getall means get "all" data sets and page size not apply any more. Does it make sense? Is ther a need to keep track of all data sets page size as many of them are not even grids.

Fk
    Last edited by Frank; 03-12-2007 at 07:17 PM.