Thread: runacc~1.lnk error message

Angry runacc~1.lnk error message

I have an application - Access front end - has been working for some time. I package it and distribute with Access Runtime. I have a user that I instructed to uninstall the application and then install a new version of the software I was sending him. He now gets an error saying "Windows cannot open this file: runacc~1.lnk" and it won't open the application for him. It doesn't matter if he tries to open the application from the shortcut on his desktop or from programs or from windows explorer or what. He gets the same error every time.

HELP!

Update on this problem!

OK - I have figured out what exactly is causing this problem, but I still can't figure out how to get past it.

What is happening is that I have this command line in the target for my shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Access Runtime\OFFICE11\LaunchAccess.EXE" /excl /runtime /profile "WWMPT" /wrkgrp "C:\Program Files\Lenovo\WWMPT\system.mdw" "C:\Program Files\Lenovo\WWMPT\mptv112.mde"

LaunchAccess.exe is the file that is run for the Access runtime version. When you run launchaccess.exe it for some reason creates a shortcut file called runaccess1.lnk. It seems to be hanging up on that file. But it isn't happening for everyone -only for my users in Singapore! Now we all run basically the same computers (we all work for a computer manufacturer) and they are running Windows XP.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why certain computers would be having trouble with this shortcut file? Or how can I get around it? I am desperate for answers as I have a deadline looming that other projects are dependent on and I am about to trigger a major domino effect here if I can't get this issue solved.

Any help - or any ideas as to where I should go to get the right help? Someone that could help me figure this out?

Thanks!

Pamela DV

It is at this point that I call Microsoft. They wrote this thing and they have always had the answers for the questions I could not find answers to anywhere else. The max cost is $245, and if it is their (Microsoft) fault, they will not charge you for the call.
    Good luck!