Thread: field named [date] what are my issues?

Exclamation field named [date] what are my issues?

I am taking over the work of a previous developer and discovered that in some 'new vb code' in this access 2003 database refers to a field in a table for archive data has a field named [archivedate] and in other places i find that field historicaly has been just [date]

i have a significant deadline today to test a quick and dirty install program i just spent a week building, we are planning on leaving at 0630 to go to a beta site and test this thing... this different field name will be an issue, i need to either set my install program to refer to [date] or find all the code objects and form objects that refference this field...

what are my issues if i leave the field name as [date]

besides symantics of the name being a horrid choice... what issues with functions methods or properties having a field named like this?

urgent urgent, please reply... i already am on 4 hours of sleep only....

thank you

justin

Exclamation dang nabbit....

i really know the answer... of course just 'date' is a system date function, aka if i do in the immediate window:

msgbox date

the result is 10/28/2005

so, how do i find all instances of this field and replace?

big concern is the form and report objects.

thanks

Lightbulb so i used the documentor to...

i guess i am talking to myself... toooo much caffiene and too much pressure to get it right with out a lot of testing time, ya'll know the drill right?

i just used the tools:documentor to report on all objects, did a report on query objects, on form objects and on code objects and then in word, did a string search for [date] and for .date

thank the bit dogs that this field is only used in one module....

not found on form controls or other places....

wish i had toad here....

any other ideas oh lurkers of this forum?