Thread: ERD Question

ERD Question

I am a newbie to database. I'm taking a course in database at school and have this one question. I am learning to create ERD.

We are asked to make an ERD about an airport company. The airport company keeps track of passengers, crews members, flights, plane, inspection reports, baggage. This is not an exaustive list but you get the idea. These are all represented as entities. Now my questions is if the airport wants to keep track of these entities (single instance of the database) for each airline how would the ERD represent such a scenario ? What would be the most efficent/optimized strategy ? Do I just create one entity called say CrewMemeber which will contain all crew members for all airlines...?

The teacher has not specified anything with respect to how the different airlines should be treated. Is the teacher being vague here or is there a general technique that one would apply in this case ?

Many thanks

One entity should work, you can have another entity for airlines and have a one to many relation from airlines to crewmembers

Many thanks again skhanal.