Will there ever be a feature or a companion product that will allow the creation of reports that would be more than the screen prints that you currently print with the web browser.

Tornado is a wonderful product for developing web based applications, but does have one large drawback because there is no way that I know that it can spawn a dynamic report based on the current data and not a link to a static report that was previouly generated with Access or Crystal.

I have a hard time eliminating Access alltogether, because I still need it to generate the end user reports such as monthly stats etc. and also users need to have a copy of Access on their desktop, which still means that I cannot eliminate that dependency.

Idealy Tornado would have a web report generator and then it would be a true web application generator.

For me the beauty of Tornado is that I don't have to be a great ASP programmer and I can quickly develop sophisticated applications, as long as there are no reports attached to the application. But as soon as we talk reports, then I just dont know how to approach that problem. Currently I use a link to launch Access that displays a report selector and the user can specify which reports they would like to print, which works well in most cases, but is not ideal.

Is there anything in the works that would address this issue or am I expecting too much of Tornado?