Thread: Warm Standby

Brad Keck Guest

Warm Standby

I have inherited a problem that I am hoping someone can help out with. A developer used a perl script to move some backup files from one server to another and then restore the databases on other server (at least we think that is what happened, no one is really sure at this point)

Now I need to take the databases ourt of read only mode and drop them but I get an error 5063 stating that the database is in warm standby and the alter database and sp_dboption statements both fail.

How do I get the databases out of warm standby mode?

Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide.

Brad

K1 Guest

Warm Standby (reply)

You can use this statement:

Restore database <database name> with recovery

This should take that database out of standby mode.

------------
    Brad Keck at 11/6/01 9:24:39 PM

I have inherited a problem that I am hoping someone can help out with. A developer used a perl script to move some backup files from one server to another and then restore the databases on other server (at least we think that is what happened, no one is really sure at this point)

Now I need to take the databases ourt of read only mode and drop them but I get an error 5063 stating that the database is in warm standby and the alter database and sp_dboption statements both fail.

Brad

Brad Keck Guest

Warm Standby (reply)

Thanks.

Will this actually do a restore? Do I specify a file to restore or just issue the statement as you have it below?

------------
    K1 at 11/6/01 9:43:02 PM

------------

Brad

K1 Guest

Warm Standby (reply)

Yes, That sould do it. You need to make sure that you don&#39;t have any users on the database when you restore the database.

K1

------------
    Brad Keck at 11/6/01 9:45:21 PM

Thanks.

Will this actually do a restore? Do I specify a file to restore or just issue the statement as you have it below?

------------
    K1 at 11/6/01 9:43:02 PM

------------

Brad