Thread: SQL Question

Matt Brighton Guest

SQL Question

I have two questions, actually. First, I have SQL 2000 installed, but my hosting company uses SQL 7.0. Therefore I cannot connect to my database by Enterprise Manager. I can connect using Query Analyzer, but am unable to edit my fields/columns while in it (but on some of my other tables, I can). So my question(s) are:
    How can I connect to my database using Enterprise Manager (I always get a timeout error)? or...
    How can I change the settings on my table so that I can add/delete/update my current table from Query Analyzer?

I'm lost, stumped and getting rapidly frustrated...
    -matt

Don Guest

SQL Question (reply)

Hi:

This may work, what you need to do is have a workstation and install the various version's of SQL Client Tools. I have 6.5 and 7.0 tools running on my desktop right now. The SQL server CD will detect you are not a server and will tell you the server component cannot be installed.

------------
    Matt Brighton at 10/29/01 5:07:33 PM

I have two questions, actually. First, I have SQL 2000 installed, but my hosting company uses SQL 7.0. Therefore I cannot connect to my database by Enterprise Manager. I can connect using Query Analyzer, but am unable to edit my fields/columns while in it (but on some of my other tables, I can). So my question(s) are:
    How can I connect to my database using Enterprise Manager (I always get a timeout error)? or...
    How can I change the settings on my table so that I can add/delete/update my current table from Query Analyzer?

I'm lost, stumped and getting rapidly frustrated...
    -matt