Thread: Backup and restore problem with rows

sam Guest

Backup and restore problem with rows

Hi,

Its about the db, I'm a dev... last month i backed up one table with monimal contents. Now i cant restore the datas from the db. I am getting this message please help me to rectify the problem.

"
    The NONCLUSTERED index sysobjects ncsysobjects (objid=1, indid=2) may be invalid since it uses CHAR or VARCHAR columns in its key, and was created under a different Sort Order ID (40) than the one currently running on this server (50)
    "

Thanks
    sam.

andrew powell Guest

Backup and restore problem with rows (reply)

It sounds like you are trying to restore to a different server from the one that the back was created on. Create a new DB on the original server and restore it to that new db then use DTS to transfer the DB to the other server... or re-install SQL on the box you wish to restore to and use the 50 sort order.

HTH

------------
    sam at 12/31/2001 3:31:12 PM

Hi,

Its about the db, I'm a dev... last month i backed up one table with monimal contents. Now i cant restore the datas from the db. I am getting this message please help me to rectify the problem.

"
    The NONCLUSTERED index sysobjects ncsysobjects (objid=1, indid=2) may be invalid since it uses CHAR or VARCHAR columns in its key, and was created under a different Sort Order ID (40) than the one currently running on this server (50)
    "

Thanks
    sam.