Thread: Urgent SQL Jobs running very very slow

Anu Guest

Urgent SQL Jobs running very very slow

Hi,

I have SQLServer 6.5 SP5a update running on Windows NT 4.0 SP6
    with 4 gig RAM and 4 processor.

Suddenly the SQL 6.5 jobs running on the production server started running very very slow. A job that suppose to run in 30 minutes are running like 2 hours and completing successfully.

(I suspect the after the Norton Anti virus automatic live update may be the reason but not the Second Vulnerability as mentioned by Microsoft Bulletin last week)

I check the SQLServer, ran the performance monitor, checked pagefiles, disk space, databases,memory, tempdb. Everything seems to be normal.

I rebooted the server, checked any other process making that slow. But no use.

Please help me out with this issue as this is a production and the CRM applications from the clients uses the database server.

Thanks in advance,
    Anu

Anu Guest

Urgent SQL Jobs running very very slow (reply)

Hi all,

Atlast after checking the SQLServer in all the ways, Came to know it was network congestion on the SAN, The switch has been reset snd the sqlserver works fine without any problem.

Thankyou guys,
    Anu

------------
    Anu at 12/29/2001 9:44:21 PM

Hi,

I have SQLServer 6.5 SP5a update running on Windows NT 4.0 SP6
    with 4 gig RAM and 4 processor.

Suddenly the SQL 6.5 jobs running on the production server started running very very slow. A job that suppose to run in 30 minutes are running like 2 hours and completing successfully.

(I suspect the after the Norton Anti virus automatic live update may be the reason but not the Second Vulnerability as mentioned by Microsoft Bulletin last week)

I check the SQLServer, ran the performance monitor, checked pagefiles, disk space, databases,memory, tempdb. Everything seems to be normal.

I rebooted the server, checked any other process making that slow. But no use.

Please help me out with this issue as this is a production and the CRM applications from the clients uses the database server.

Thanks in advance,
    Anu