Thread: Do I need to re-install SP5A for SqlServer 6.5?

Mike Nolen Guest

Do I need to re-install SP5A for SqlServer 6.5?

I am having problems with stack dumps (as many as 12 a day) at a production site running NT 4.0 SP4 with Sql Server 6.5 SP5A. I've tried running every diagnostic utility on the server but it shows no problems. Before I open a ticket with Microsoft on the stack dumps, I'd like to upgrade the server to NT Service Pack 6A. My question is, do I need to re-install SqlServer SP5A? Will the NT Service Pack 6A invalidate SQL SP5A?

TIA,
    Mike

Ray Miao Guest

Do I need to re-install SP5A for SqlServer 6.5? (reply)

Not really.

------------
    Mike Nolen at 7/19/00 11:16:23 AM

I am having problems with stack dumps (as many as 12 a day) at a production site running NT 4.0 SP4 with Sql Server 6.5 SP5A. I've tried running every diagnostic utility on the server but it shows no problems. Before I open a ticket with Microsoft on the stack dumps, I'd like to upgrade the server to NT Service Pack 6A. My question is, do I need to re-install SqlServer SP5A? Will the NT Service Pack 6A invalidate SQL SP5A?

TIA,
    Mike

Mike Nolen Guest

Do I need to re-install SP5A for SqlServer 6.5? (reply)

How confident are you? This is a production site and I only have a small maintenance window.

TIA,
    mike

------------
    Ray Miao at 7/19/00 11:45:54 AM

Not really.

------------
    Mike Nolen at 7/19/00 11:16:23 AM

TIA,
    Mike