Thread: Restoring a SQL database.....

Joe Plumer Guest

Restoring a SQL database.....

While this may be in the wrong forum, I thought that I should try here first.

One of the developers that works for this company would like to restore a sample database to the SQL server after installing our software.

Is there a command line command that can be issued to restore/create a database with a file (.bak) of an SQL database (sample)? If this can't be done, can it be done with VBScript or something similar?

SQL is not my strong point, and neither is development. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA.

Joe

Ray Miao Guest

Restoring a SQL database..... (reply)

Yes, it's possible. You should create a sql script that includes sql statements to create db device, create db and restore db from backup. Then use isql in dos prompt to run the sql script.

------------
    Joe Plumer at 7/19/00 10:41:04 AM

While this may be in the wrong forum, I thought that I should try here first.

One of the developers that works for this company would like to restore a sample database to the SQL server after installing our software.

Is there a command line command that can be issued to restore/create a database with a file (.bak) of an SQL database (sample)? If this can't be done, can it be done with VBScript or something similar?

SQL is not my strong point, and neither is development. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA.

Joe