Thread: Alert For Jobs

Jess Guest

Alert For Jobs

I am working with alerts and trying to see if there is a way that I can control the message on the notification. I have the job set to send an email and a net message when the job succeeds. Since this message will be going to the user, I owuld like to be able to make the message as clear as possible for them. Does anyone know if the message being sent can be modified or altered with an alert? And how?

Thanks!!

John Fletcher Guest

Alert For Jobs (reply)

I do not know of a way to actually change the message, as an alternative, you could create additional steps using xp_sendmail: one for on success, one for on fail...
    This would allow you to customize the subject and message content.

------------
    Jess at 5/7/01 10:29:39 AM

I am working with alerts and trying to see if there is a way that I can control the message on the notification. I have the job set to send an email and a net message when the job succeeds. Since this message will be going to the user, I owuld like to be able to make the message as clear as possible for them. Does anyone know if the message being sent can be modified or altered with an alert? And how?

Thanks!!

Mark Guest

Alert For Jobs (reply)

Look in BOL for SP_UPDATE_ALERT, also look for sp_help_alert for information about the alert. The text is kept in sysmessages.

HTH

Mark

------------
    John Fletcher at 5/9/01 9:38:46 AM

I do not know of a way to actually change the message, as an alternative, you could create additional steps using xp_sendmail: one for on success, one for on fail...

------------

Thanks!!

Jess Guest

Alert For Jobs (reply)

GREAT SUGGESTION JOHN!!!!!

It worked perfectly that way, thanks again

------------
    John Fletcher at 5/9/01 9:38:46 AM

------------

Thanks!!