Thread: Euro sign in SQL Statement

Markus Guest

Euro sign in SQL Statement

Does anyone know to include the Euro sign in SQL statements. I found an Ascii
    code of ALt+0128, but then I use CHAR (0128) it actually prints the Char (128) which is Ç not €.
    When I use the € directly in the code the application just shows a ?

Any help would be highly appreciated.
    Markus

Karl Guest

Euro sign in SQL Statement (reply)

Markus,

char(128) is the euro symbol. At least it is on my computer. My locale setting is English (United Kingdom) and my codepage is 1252. Perhaps this makes a difference.

Hope that helps,

Karl

------------
    Markus at 5/2/01 5:15:34 AM

code of ALt+0128, but then I use CHAR (0128) it actually prints the Char (128) which is Ç not €.

Markus

Markus Guest

Euro sign in SQL Statement (reply)

Karl,
    thanks for your response. The codepage on my server is 850 (multilingual) and here it does not work. Any idea what it should be in that case? I don't actually think that the local settings have any influence but to make the information complete, my local settings are English as well, but most of the users have Dutch (standard).

------------
    Karl at 5/2/01 8:08:43 AM

Markus,

char(128) is the euro symbol. At least it is on my computer. My locale setting is English (United Kingdom) and my codepage is 1252. Perhaps this makes a difference.

Hope that helps,

Karl

------------
    Markus at 5/2/01 5:15:34 AM

Markus