Thread: 6.5 Table

Kelly Guest

6.5 Table

I have a backed up table from a 6.5 Server and I would like to restore this table to my 2000 box. Is this possible or am I going to have to restore to 6.5 and transfer over. Also I think this backed up table had 605 errors on it before it was backed up.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Kelly

Ray Miao Guest

6.5 Table (reply)

You can't.

------------
    Kelly at 4/30/01 12:08:17 PM

I have a backed up table from a 6.5 Server and I would like to restore this table to my 2000 box. Is this possible or am I going to have to restore to 6.5 and transfer over. Also I think this backed up table had 605 errors on it before it was backed up.

Kelly

Kelly Guest

6.5 Table (reply)

Maybe you can point me in some direction. I have a table that has 22 mil rows when I do a select I am getting a 605 error about 7 million rows into the query. I would like to get my data out into a table on my 2000 box to see if I can clean it up but no matter how I try to get it out it crashes on that page. Do you have any ideas, the backup I have also has the same errors on this table.

Thanks,

Kelly

------------
    Ray Miao at 4/30/01 1:15:59 PM

You can't.

------------

Kelly

Yads Guest

6.5 Table (reply)

You can't restore 6.5 table in 2000 DB. you have to restore the back in 6.5 box, try to clean the table using DBCC commands then transfer it to sql 2000 box.

yad.

------------
    Kelly at 4/30/01 2:47:25 PM

Maybe you can point me in some direction. I have a table that has 22 mil rows when I do a select I am getting a 605 error about 7 million rows into the query. I would like to get my data out into a table on my 2000 box to see if I can clean it up but no matter how I try to get it out it crashes on that page. Do you have any ideas, the backup I have also has the same errors on this table.

Thanks,

Kelly

------------
    Ray Miao at 4/30/01 1:15:59 PM

You can't.

------------

Kelly

6.5 Table (reply)

if i was you .. i would export to a file and then import the file. problem there is disk space but if the data is important then its worth the trouble ..

------------

Kelly