Thread: Clustering

Paul Guest

Clustering

Can I implement failover clustering between SQL Server 2000 & SQL Server 7.0? Or do they both need to be the same version of SQL Server.

Ray Miao Guest

Clustering (reply)

Can't failover between multiple sql installations.

------------
    Paul at 3/19/01 3:52:03 PM

Can I implement failover clustering between SQL Server 2000 & SQL Server 7.0? Or do they both need to be the same version of SQL Server.

Paul Guest

Clustering (reply)

Thanks Ray, I think that was a stupid question on my part, because if I understand it correctly, clustering requires only one install of the database but two identical servers.

------------
    Ray Miao at 3/19/01 4:21:13 PM

------------

Clustering (reply)

in an active /passive soultion yes but in an active/active it requires two instances of SQL. and there you can use 7.0 and 2000

------------
    Paul at 3/19/01 4:25:07 PM

Thanks Ray, I think that was a stupid question on my part, because if I understand it correctly, clustering requires only one install of the database but two identical servers.

------------
    Ray Miao at 3/19/01 4:21:13 PM

------------