Thread: Cannot Register to EM

Monica Guest

Cannot Register to EM

Hi all,
    I am tring to register a SQL Server 6.5 to EM on a Win95 machine which has Admin tools only.I have tried to change the Client Configuration for
    both SQL Server and Windows 95 ,i have TCP/IP and Named Pipes,but its saying server cannot be found can any one pl help me of what i should do...???

Thanks

Ray Miao Guest

Cannot Register to EM (reply)

Can you ping server? You should use tcp/ip unless you logon to nt domain on win95 box.

------------
    Monica at 7/18/00 6:54:55 PM

Hi all,
    I am tring to register a SQL Server 6.5 to EM on a Win95 machine which has Admin tools only.I have tried to change the Client Configuration for
    both SQL Server and Windows 95 ,i have TCP/IP and Named Pipes,but its saying server cannot be found can any one pl help me of what i should do...???

Thanks

Monica Guest

Cannot Register to EM (reply)

Hi
    Yes i can ping the box with IP and host name but the surprising part is that i cannot connect to any share resoureces as when i use find computer
    it says network path not found..i am using NT Workstation as my client...

Thanks

------------
    Ray Miao at 7/19/00 8:19:36 AM

Can you ping server? You should use tcp/ip unless you logon to nt domain on win95 box.

------------
    Monica at 7/18/00 6:54:55 PM

Hi all,

Thanks