Thread: MAPI Login Failure

Chris Le ROY Guest

MAPI Login Failure

I have a situation where a SQL Maintenance Task is running, and suppose to email a report to the sys admin. Currently I am getting a Microsoft SQL-DMO Error 17903, Mapi Login Failure.

I have tested the Outlook 98 application and the profile is set correctly. I have tried to send an email within SQL and I receive the error above. I have carried all activities suggested by Microsofts Online Books. Can anyone suggest where to go from here. All Service Packs have been applied.

Thanks
    Chris Le ROY

Daimon Russell Guest

MAPI Login Failure (reply)

Dear Chris,

Just out of curiousity, did you check to see who is logged to run the services for both MSSQLServer and SQLExecutive? If the same person whom you set the profile up is not the one who runs these services, you will get a MAPI failure. Also, I have learned with SQL Mail on 6.5 and 7.0 by just turning the SQL Server Agent off and on, it will work once again. This might not help but this is what I do when I run into somewhat of the same problems.

Best of Luck,
    Daimon
    ------------
    Chris Le ROY at 6/1/99 8:55:28 PM

I have a situation where a SQL Maintenance Task is running, and suppose to email a report to the sys admin. Currently I am getting a Microsoft SQL-DMO Error 17903, Mapi Login Failure.

I have tested the Outlook 98 application and the profile is set correctly. I have tried to send an email within SQL and I receive the error above. I have carried all activities suggested by Microsofts Online Books. Can anyone suggest where to go from here. All Service Packs have been applied.

Thanks
    Chris Le ROY

Chris Le ROY Guest

MAPI Login Failure (reply)

Daimon,

Thanks for your suggestion. Yes, I have checked and I do know for sure that the userid for the profile for Outlook is the same as the User ID for SQL and SQL Executive. The machine has actually been restarted since once again and the issue is still there.

Chris Le ROY

------------
    Daimon Russell at 6/2/99 11:22:35 AM

Dear Chris,

Just out of curiousity, did you check to see who is logged to run the services for both MSSQLServer and SQLExecutive? If the same person whom you set the profile up is not the one who runs these services, you will get a MAPI failure. Also, I have learned with SQL Mail on 6.5 and 7.0 by just turning the SQL Server Agent off and on, it will work once again. This might not help but this is what I do when I run into somewhat of the same problems.

Best of Luck,
    Daimon
    ------------
    Chris Le ROY at 6/1/99 8:55:28 PM

Thanks
    Chris Le ROY