Thread: SQL Server on client macine

Luciano Jesus Guest

SQL Server on client macine

Hi,

I'd like to know what should I do to install SQL Server 6.5 on a client machine.Which tools would I be able to install?I'm especially interested in installing Enterprise Manager.

Thanks for help,

Luciano

Ray Miao Guest

SQL Server on client macine (reply)

Run sql setup on client machine then choose to install utilities only.

------------
    Luciano Jesus at 5/31/99 12:30:02 PM

Hi,

I'd like to know what should I do to install SQL Server 6.5 on a client machine.Which tools would I be able to install?I'm especially interested in installing Enterprise Manager.

Thanks for help,

Luciano

sdcrouch Guest

You should be aware that if you are installing the Enterprise Manager on a Windows 95 workstation that the views will will be different, not all views in the Enterprise Manager will be the same. The color indicators for the serer and services are not always visible. It is strongly recommended that you only administer MSSQL 6.5 for a Win NT 4.0 workstation.

------------

Hi,

Thanks for help,

Luciano

Gregory Guest

you can always to install Windows NT Server Tools on a computer running Windows 95, to administer services , for example MSSQL Server service, SQL Executive service et etc.

------------
    sdcrouch at 6/1/99 8:06:41 AM

You should be aware that if you are installing the Enterprise Manager on a Windows 95 workstation that the views will will be different, not all views in the Enterprise Manager will be the same. The color indicators for the serer and services are not always visible. It is strongly recommended that you only administer MSSQL 6.5 for a Win NT 4.0 workstation.

------------

Hi,

Thanks for help,

Luciano

------------

Hi,

Thanks for help,

Luciano