Thread: Migrating JObs from one MSX box to another MSX

vipul Guest

Migrating JObs from one MSX box to another MSX

I have big list of jobs on MSX Box - A. Most of those jobs has multiple target server on it. I have to migrate those jobs to new box (new hardware platform). The goal is to migrate everything over to new and decommision old one. If I generate scripts "with Target Server" option, can I run that script on to the new box while both are on-line with two different server name? In other words, can one slave server be a target to two different MSX machine?

This is very urgent for me to get it done, as our old machine is dying and all the jobs are very business critical. Please respond as soon as you can.

Thanks

MAK Guest

Migrating JObs from one MSX box to another MSX (reply)

MSX?

what kinda jobs are there. whats there functions are?

Does the job points depend on the tables/views in the local
    server too?

Your question is confusing.

------------
    vipul at 5/24/2002 1:47:49 PM

I have big list of jobs on MSX Box - A. Most of those jobs has multiple target server on it. I have to migrate those jobs to new box (new hardware platform). The goal is to migrate everything over to new and decommision old one. If I generate scripts "with Target Server" option, can I run that script on to the new box while both are on-line with two different server name? In other words, can one slave server be a target to two different MSX machine?

This is very urgent for me to get it done, as our old machine is dying and all the jobs are very business critical. Please respond as soon as you can.

Thanks