Thread: Select the insert value into field in another table!!!!!!

lion chatta Guest

Select the insert value into field in another table!!!!!!

i have tbl_location which includes userid, building, room. i combine the building and room into one feild called mailstop

SELECT Userid, Building +'/'+Room AS mailstop
    FROM tbl_Location

i then want to take this recordset and insert it into a field called mailstop in my employee table. but they must based upon the userid of the location table and the userid of the employee table.

so the userid of the location table must match the userid of the employee table and insert that mailstop value into the mailstop feild in employee table. i want to get this right the first time. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jun Guest

Select the insert value into field in another table!!!!!! (reply)

Here you go:

UPDATE employee_table
    SET MailStop = b.Building + '/' + b.room
    FROM employee_table a JOIN tbl_Location b
    ON (a.UserID = b.UserID);

Jun

------------
    lion chatta at 5/24/2002 11:39:51 AM

i have tbl_location which includes userid, building, room. i combine the building and room into one feild called mailstop

SELECT Userid, Building +'/'+Room AS mailstop
    FROM tbl_Location

i then want to take this recordset and insert it into a field called mailstop in my employee table. but they must based upon the userid of the location table and the userid of the employee table.

so the userid of the location table must match the userid of the employee table and insert that mailstop value into the mailstop feild in employee table. i want to get this right the first time. any help would be greatly appreciated.