Thread: Will AWE work if lock memory pages not set

tcronin Guest

Will AWE work if lock memory pages not set

I have a remote site/SQL 2000 box that is not under our control. We have SQL 2000 Ent Edition up on a Win2000 box that has 8 gig of memory. We think their NT person setup the SQLExec account to have this right to Lock memory pages, but having trouble verifying this. AWE was enabled on SQL Server and has a max memory setting of 6 gig. It shows AWE enabled in the SQL error log. The box only has had a few users (and in some case only running perfmon) but has locked up on several occasions. Nothing in either WIn2000 log or SQL to show why. MY question after stating all these facts is that if we have AWE enabled,(and the boot.ini file is correct per Microsoft Specs) will AWE come up if the SQLExec does not have these rights. And if he doesn't have these rights could it come up and crash unexplained like this.

Ray Miao Guest

Will AWE work if lock memory pages not set (reply)

This is defauilt for sql service account.

------------
    tcronin at 5/8/2002 5:10:47 PM

I have a remote site/SQL 2000 box that is not under our control. We have SQL 2000 Ent Edition up on a Win2000 box that has 8 gig of memory. We think their NT person setup the SQLExec account to have this right to Lock memory pages, but having trouble verifying this. AWE was enabled on SQL Server and has a max memory setting of 6 gig. It shows AWE enabled in the SQL error log. The box only has had a few users (and in some case only running perfmon) but has locked up on several occasions. Nothing in either WIn2000 log or SQL to show why. MY question after stating all these facts is that if we have AWE enabled,(and the boot.ini file is correct per Microsoft Specs) will AWE come up if the SQLExec does not have these rights. And if he doesn't have these rights could it come up and crash unexplained like this.