Thread: Current Activity table blank...

RPowid Guest

Current Activity table blank...

We are running 6.5. SQL. When I look at the "Current Activity" from EM for a given server it shows up blank yet I know for a fact that this is not so! Recently we expanded our database/tempdb size.

Thnak You

Mark Guest

Current Activity table blank... (reply)

Try select * from master..sysprocesses
    or sp_who

------------
    RPowid at 8/2/01 7:17:20 AM

We are running 6.5. SQL. When I look at the "Current Activity" from EM for a given server it shows up blank yet I know for a fact that this is not so! Recently we expanded our database/tempdb size.

Thnak You

RPowid Guest

Mark,

Thanks - works great! Now, how do I disconnect a user without having the Current Activity window???????

------------
    Mark at 8/2/01 4:11:57 PM

or sp_who

------------

Thnak You

Patrick Guest

The "current activity Windows" exists since SQL 7
    However you use 6.5
    When you want to disconnect a user, it's important to know what he/she is doing. If an update/insert/delete is running for him/her, you could imagine that is important to avoid a brute kill process.
    So, my question could be : why do you want to disconnect the user.
    Then according to your answer, we could try to notice the least bad solution.
    Regards
    Patrick

------------
    RPowid at 8/3/01 7:31:37 AM

Mark,

Thanks - works great! Now, how do I disconnect a user without having the Current Activity window???????

------------
    Mark at 8/2/01 4:11:57 PM

or sp_who

------------

Thnak You