Thread: Need help finding a database solution please

Need help finding a database solution please

Hello all,

New to the forum but hoping for some guidance. I was a net admin for 12+ years then upper management the last 8+ or so. I am now in a position providing reporting and data analytics for a company with currently 6 retail stores and another 3-6 in process.

I am looking for a database solution to track and store the performance of our daily and weekly promotions. I have looked into Caspio and other sort of no code DB aps as I am by no means a DB Admin, but their record limits would prove them quickly ineffective.

My goal is to be able to upload set data (sales, uses, ect) for each promotion to a DB with a search engine type front end that I can work with out marketing team to utilize when searching for a promotion to run in a given store, area, or for a product typ or category. The data details really aren't as big of a detail as any solution of this type should do the basic functions I am after.

My issue is, I honestly don't know what is out there that would be the easiest, user friendly solution. I have been out of my field for a while and stepping back in to t in a field that wasn't really what I did to begin with has been a challenge. I kept the servers running for the guys that did what I do now lol.

There would only be 4-8 people needing access to it and updates would be in the form of excel type uploads. I would be the developer, admin and power user ultimately training our younger generation management team how to utilize it.

Any recommendations anyone has would be greatly appreciated and I thank you for your time.

Dan

San Bernardino, CA

MS Access offers an easy to learn environment for frontend development. The frontend can link to another Access database (or other db platforms - SQLServer, Oracle, SQLServer Express, MySQL, etc). Some are free (with size limitations) others have significant cost.

Interaction with Excel is fairly simple with MS Access.

Probably you can try unidac. This tool provides access to different databases.

I honestly don't know what is out there

For your scenario, considering your limited database administration experience and the need for a user-friendly solution, I would recommend exploring Microsoft Power Apps and Power BI, which can provide a relatively accessible platform for building a custom database to track and analyze promotions data while integrating with Excel for data uploads and offering user-friendly interfaces for reporting and analytics.