Thread: How to create instance after installing data server client

How to create instance after installing data server client

I need to make a "native-client" (CLI) connection from a Linux system to DB2/z to do some queries. I was able to download and install the data server client (v11.5.7_linuxx64_rtcl.tar.gz) from IBM.
    The next step is to create a client instance. IBM says to use the db2icrt command to do this: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/db2/9.7?...reate-instance
    However, that command is there. I used "find" to search everything below the directory where I installed the client, and there is no file with that name.
    So how do I create the client instance without that command? Or can I make the connection to DB2/z without creating a client instance (how)?

Creating an instance after installing the data server client depends on the specific database management system (DBMS) you are using.
    SQL Server:
    Open SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
    Connect to the server where you want to create the new instance.
    Right-click on the server and choose "New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation"
    Follow the prompts to complete the installation of the new instance.

Oracle:
    Open the Oracle Universal Installer (OUI) from the Oracle home directory
    Select "Create and configure a database"
    Select "Advanced installation"
    Follow the prompts to complete the creation of the new instance.

MySQL:
    Open the command prompt and navigate to the MySQL bin directory
    Run the following command:

mysqld --initialize-insecure --user=mysql

Once the initialization is complete, start the MySQL server using the command:

mysqld
    Log in to the MySQL server using the mysql client and create a new instance by running the following command:

CREATE INSTANCE 'instance_name' USING DATADIR='path/to/data/directory';