Thread: EDI(Electronic Data Interchange

EDI(Electronic Data Interchange

Gents,
    How can I combine my data base with EDI for Data Interchange

From my experience with EDI for year with Health Care and Accounting data, you really do not combine your database with EDI. EDI is a set of standards designed to be independent of communication and software technologies. Is purpose is to allow any two software packages to be able to pass data.

So to use EDI:

1) Data is exported from a database and reformatted into a standard format (EDI standard) the everyone agrees to follow.

2) the file is transmitted

3) The recipient reads the standard EDI format and translate the data so that It can be imported their database format.
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTech Coach
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Office Programming 25+ years as a Software Developer specializing in:
    Business Process Management
    Accounting/Inventory Control
    Customer Relations Management (CRM)
    Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)

Quote Originally Posted by HiTechCoach View Post
    From my experience with EDI for year with Health Care and Accounting data, you really do not combine your database with EDI. EDI is a set of standards designed to be independent of communication and software technologies. Is purpose is to allow any two software packages to be able to pass data.

So to use EDI:

1) Data is exported from a database and reformatted into a standard format (EDI standard) the everyone agrees to follow.

2) the file is transmitted

3) The recipient reads the standard EDI format and translate the data so that It can be imported their database format.
    what i want to know if it is possible to pass data using two diferents data base in the same home server by EDI method
    if so what kind of VBA Procedure can I use

Passing data between two databases (same location or different) is what EDI is all about.

Maybe this will help ...

Downloading your banking transactions from your bank's web site and then importing it into your checkbook manager (MS Money, Quicken, etc) is EDI. Most banks export the data in Quicken, Money, or CSV formats. As long as your Accounting/Checkbook manager software will read one of the formats, you can pass the data from the bank to your accounting system.

what i want to know if it is possible to pass data using two diferents data base in the same home server by EDI method
    Yes. EDI is perfect for this task.

if so what kind of VBA Procedure can I use
    There are many was to handle this.

First you have to determine what format you want to export the data into. Once this is done, you can determine what needs to be done to export the data. It could be as simple as running a query that displays on the screen and then using the menus options to save it as an excel file or other formats.
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTech Coach
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Office Programming 25+ years as a Software Developer specializing in:
    Business Process Management
    Accounting/Inventory Control
    Customer Relations Management (CRM)
    Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)

EDI marked a significant milestone in the healthcare industry, revolutionizing how data is managed, processed, and exchanged. Explore the role of EDI healthcare, benefits, and technology advancements for data integration and system transformation in this article.

**Links removed by Site Administrator so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**