Thread: mysql database recovery in wampserver2

mysql database recovery in wampserver2

Some how mysql database in wamp server 2 got replaced by older database and i am unable to restore the database to the location (before being replaced by old data) from the latest backup i have . is there any way i can restore the data to my required position.
    Any way except restoring it from backup sql file as it’s corrupt.

When new data is written to a particular location on a hard drive, whatever data used to be in that location is overwritten and cannot be retrieved. That's one of the very reasons backups are so important.

Look also if this information will help you.
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Foru...84-2893-1.aspx

If your sql files are corrupt, and you just don't have any other backup then its not possible to restore.
    If have binary logs enabled and not purged you may try to recover using them.
    I'm a bit confused when you say: "unable to restore the database to the location "
    If by that you mean you've replaced data folder completely you may also try to watch out for data-recovery programs !!
    There is another idea. However I do not know will help or not, but you might search in Google and get some free file/directory recovery tools to recover deleted files back. I sometimes, in such cases, the use of MySql Recovery Toolbox. maybe you will be useful. hope you have a clue to proceed further. http://www.oemailrecovery.com/mysql_recovery.html
    And yes.... make sure you backup everything now before attempting restorations....

Quote Originally Posted by Lakatos View Post

http://www.oemailrecovery.com/mysql_recovery.html
    OEMailRecovery.com > EULA - End User License Agreement
    This Electronic End User License Agreement - EULA (the Agreement) is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or an entity), the licensee, and Recovery Toolbox, Inc. (the Licensor) ...
    Miscellaneous.

7.1. Governing Law; Jurisdiction and Venue.

This Agreement shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Russian Federation without reference to conflicts of law rules and principles.

You agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Russian Federation for any claim or cause of action ...

This Agreement shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention ...
    You agree that this Agreement is to be performed in the Russian Federation and that any action, dispute, controversy, or claim that may be instituted based on this Agreement, or arising out of or related to this Agreement or any alleged breach thereof, shall be prosecuted exclusively in the courts in the Russian Federation, ...

Thank you all guys for your advice! The issue has been resolved.