Thread: SQL Server 2005 repair

SQL Server 2005 repair

I have a SQL Server (on Windows XP) where I have published reports using Report Manager and a bunch of databases. Within the SQL Server, I have jobs scheduled to run updates on tables, etc. I came in this morning to find that the root drive died. My drive is partitioned such that my databases aren't on the root drive - so I was able to salvage the databases.

I was able to use a prior hard drive (from about a month ago - we upgraded) and load current databases to the old drive. I'm trying to bring the old drive up to speed with today's data, jobs, files... .

My databases seemed to load fine.

What I can't do is view any of the reports that use Report Manager. A few questions:

1. Are the jobs that run through SQL Server stored in a different directory than the databases?
    2. Any idea of what's happening with accessing report manager reports? Usually a client machine could access the reports using IE. - also can't connect using an ODBC connection with Access. (the network plug is connected).
    3. Am I missing any other pieces that may need to be restored to the current view besides the databases?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sql jobs are stored in msdb and reporting service related staffs are stored in RS dbs, so you have to get all of them out from old disk.

the same question is available here: http://community.spiceworks.com/topi...er-2005-repair
    read the solutions in this post. If you get the solution then reply on the same thread.

Best of Luck