Thread: Can't open mdb file

Hybrid View

Thumbs up How to repair MDB file?

Quote Originally Posted by bensongaster View Post
    I have a database in mdb format that will not open. When I try to open the file I get an error:
    "The Microsoft Access database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change data at the same time"

I was the only user accessing the database and this occurred after a compact/repair.

Any ideas on how to get the db working again?
    You must try JetComp.exe once to repair Access database. It's a freeware utility provided by Microsoft. For more information about JetComp.exe and how to use it, you can read this blog post: Repair Access Database with Compact and Repair Utility | N. Sem's Blog

There're few other solutions also available in this blog post which can help you repair Access database. I hope this will help you.

SacSasa

Thumbs up Very nice blog post (shared by SacSasa)

Quote Originally Posted by sacsasa View Post
    For more information about JetComp.exe and how to use it, you can read this blog post: Repair Access Database with Compact and Repair Utility | N. Sem's Blog
    I just wanna thank you for sharing such a helpful information here with us. I've just gone through the blog post you shared here. It contains very useful information. The entire blog is highly informational, especially the post you shared here.

Thanks again.