Thread: Cannot Open Transform Data Task Properties

Cannot Open Transform Data Task Properties

First post here so go easy... I'm a part time database developer who's recently inherited a database in our company from a DB expert who was recently laid off. So much for background.

I'm working on replacing some DTS packages in the database that pulled data from a DB2 source to a new Oracle data source. I can create a DTS package to copy data from the DSN connected to Oracle to a table within our existing SQL2K database. The DTS package runs without any issues and creates the desired results table in the SQL2K DB.

But when I go into the DTS designer window and try to open the task that copies said data from the DSN connection to the SQL2K connection, Enterprise Manager locks up and I have to force it closed.

Has anyone run into this before, and/or could anyone point me in the right direction as to how to debug this issue?

Thanks!

NOTE: I can do a Disconnected Edit, just not a properties-based edit.

Enterprise Manager lock up may be due to blocking on tempdb. Also do you have DB2 client on your machine where EM is running?

Quote Originally Posted by skhanal View Post
    Enterprise Manager lock up may be due to blocking on tempdb. Also do you have DB2 client on your machine where EM is running?
    I just checked and yes a DB2 client is installed on the server. Version 9.

Where are you running Enterprise Manager, if it is from your desktop, you may need DB2 client on your desktop as well.