Thread: SQL question

SQL question

I have a table Customer Complaints with a field BSICustomerName it is a combo box field with a query attached to it. It looks to the Customer Information table to select the customer name. When i select the customer name from the Customer Information table i want to also populate the BSICustomerID field on the Customer Complaints form with the CustomerID from the Customer Information table. It can be either automatic or after I select BSICustomerName and then click on the menu for BSICustomerID the correct ID is the only option available. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks...

the combo box control's query can have multiple fields - even if they are intentionally not visible. You can refer or call these values by their column - or - you can write these values ...

if you call the value then you use an unbound text field and enter its record source as: =Me.ComboboxName.column(2) .....hopefully it is obvious that I just made up the column count as 2 and you would put in the correct value.

if you need a permanent record of that value then you need to write it into a bound text box; in which case in the AfterUpdate Event of the ComboBox you would put: me.SomeTextFieldName = me.ComboBoxName.column(2)

Hope this helps you figure it out....