Good morning,

Before I go off and waste a lot of time testing things out I was hoping someone would have an answer or an approach.

We are trying to encapsulate a lot of event-driven activites through the use of triggers. We have several applications that use a database and the developers define what occurs when a trigger is fired.

The issue I have is that the developers of all of these applications have individual requirements when, for example, an INSERT is done on Table1. One wants to check to see if it is for their application and do something, another wants to validate the existance of something, another one wants to refresh certain tables that the application uses, etc.

We just found out that when you do a `Create Trigger` statement that it successfully creates the trigger but overwrites any existing trigger for the table/action without warning.

Is is possible to have a trigger on Table1 INSERT and have it call stored procedures that all of the various applications define and support? The issue here is that many of these procedures would have to access the INSERTED and DELETED tables for the trigger. I`m not sure if this is possible.

If not I have no choice but to consolidate everyone`s code into one trigger and try to keep things as untangled as possible.

Thanks for any input,

Don