Thread: Replication prob.

Levi Akers Guest

Replication prob.

I am having a problem replicating between 2 servers using 1 distributor. I have server X and server Y.
    Server X is a publisher, distributor, and supposedly a subscriber, while server Y is a subscriber and
    supposed publisher (using Server X as a remote distributor). My logreader task (off server X since
    it is the distributor) gives me the error message "Unable to connect to server Y". I was pretty sure it
    is possible to publish to the same server that is your distributor am I wrong? If I am not wrong and
    this scenario is possible any ideas on why it isn`t working and how to get it working?

Thanks for the help in advance

Levi Akers

Clare Furminger Guest

Replication prob. (reply)

On 6/26/98 2:32:27 PM, Levi Akers wrote:
    > I am having a problem replicating between 2 servers using 1 distributor. I
    > have server X and server Y.
    Server X is a publisher, distributor, and
    > supposedly a subscriber, while server Y is a subscriber and
    supposed
    > publisher (using Server X as a remote distributor). My logreader task (off
    > server X since
    it is the distributor) gives me the error message "Unable
    > to connect to server Y". I was pretty sure it
    is possible to publish to
    > the same server that is your distributor am I wrong? If I am not wrong
    > and
    this scenario is possible any ideas on why it isn`t working and how to
    > get it working?

Thanks for the help in advance

Levi Akers

I have also encountered almost the same problem, where l have a server X as a publisher/ distributor, and Server Y as a subscriber. However, on initial syncronisation, the error reads `Unable to connect to server X. This seems strange as it seems to be saying that it is unable to connect to itself.
    I have discovered that a table that should exist in the subscription database, `MSjob_commands_info`, is missing, and l wondered if the two problems are connected?

Any suggestions gratefully received.
    Many Thanks
    Clare Furminger