Thread: Searching a freeware tool for converting excel files to popular db formats, with logs

Talking Searching a freeware tool for converting excel files to popular db formats, with logs

I need a freeware software to convert from Excel file to the popular db formats (SQL server is the most important to me at the moment). Visual studio and it's sql server, came with a tool named DTSWizard ( Import and Export Data (32-bit) ), which is lacking the following feature I need:

1) If the row has an invalid value, it should skip it, write it to a log, and continue exporting the other rows.

The dts lacks the proper log mechanism, and every option I tried to make it write the rest of the rows on error have gone down the drain...

Does someone knows of such a program, or I shall write it myself?

Thank you!

If by DTSWizard you are referring to SQL Server DTS that came with SQL 2000, then you should look into Business Intelligence Development studio that comes with SQL 2005 and above client toolset. You can develop SSIS package to read data from Excel and load into any database.