Thread: Informix Password Problem.

Informix Password Problem.

Yes I seem to have a Password Problem when I first turn on my computer. there was a dual log on for Windows and also for the IBM Informix database server and I could not for the life of me remember the password for Informix! So after "poking around" in some of the Informix files looking for the lost password and not finding it I just flat got rid of the Informix server. Now I am very amenable to restoring it but before I do I would like to know if there is a user file in which it shows my password [if I were to forget it again]. Thanx for anyone's help with this.

It sounds like you may have removed the Informix database server without properly backing up or saving the login information, which is why you are unable to recall the password. Unfortunately, if you did not save or record the password elsewhere, it is likely that you will not be able to retrieve it.

When you re-install the Informix database server, you will need to set a new password. It is recommended to make sure you have a secure way of storing your passwords in the future so that you can easily retrieve them if you forget. Also it's a good practice to change your password periodically.