Thread: Reports in Access 2010

Reports in Access 2010

Hey all,
    I'm working on a report that has 3 fields on the page and am having a bit of trouble with the look of the final report.
    When I used report wizard, the fields are going left to right. I'm trying to stack the fields. In design view, on my grid, I can right click the field and the options will show tabular or stacked. I've tried both ways, but I can't seem to get it to look right. The fields "symbol" and "industry" won't stack like the "company" field. When I select tabular, the field won't stay in the correct header.
    Here is an imageaccess report.jpg

Any help is appreciated,

Hi there, you might have to remove the stacking completely to be able to move your fiels where you want them. I find that it is easier to manipulate if when you do the report wizard you select the report layout in columnar. Then when you are in the design view, use your shift key to select all of your tag lines and your fields name and then do a right click, select layout and then remove. This removes the stacking first, so that now you can move each fields under the header you want them to go and have your report look exactly the way you want.