Thread: Linked table not sorting or filtering - ODBC error

Linked table not sorting or filtering - ODBC error

Hi,
    I have an Access 2010 database that I have recently inherited. I have moved the tables to SQL Server 2008 R2. One of the tables has 7 Primary keys. I can see the linked table in Access, open the table and query the table.
    But I am not able to sort or filter directly in the table. This is the only table that I am not able to sort / filter.
    The error when I try to sort or filter is: ODBC--call failed. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] incorrect syntax near 'ser_Location'. (#102)
    I have searched and it seems like no one else is having the same issue. If I remove the primary keys, I can sort / filter on the table but the table becomes not updateable. Is this an Access issue or SQL Server and how do I fix this problem?

Thank you in advance

You need to have Primary Key for you to update the table via linked table in SQL Server.

What do you mean by table having 7 primary keys, by definition you can only have one primary key in a table. Do you mean a primary key with seven columns in it?.

I agree with skhana you need to have Primary Key.