Thread: SQL 2005: SSIS: Error using SQL Server credentials

Angry SQL 2005: SSIS: Error using SQL Server credentials

I'm having difficulty getting an SSIS package to work using SQL Server Authentication. I receive the following error:

"Package Validation Error

Error at Export Audit data [OLE DB Source [1]]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.
    An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "The server principal "username" is not able to access the database "foo" under the current security context."

The package works if I switch it back to Windows Authentication and I am able to sign into SSMS directly using the same SQL credentials .

I've tried setting DelayValidation to 'True' but it made no difference.

Any insight/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Are you executing it from BIDS or scheduling to run it?. Have you looked at package properties to change options to save passwords in the package.

did you buy this product or you just downloaded it as free product ? if so, it will not work that is technical error just turn the product back to the vendor to fix it or give you another package

Error message says that the user doesn't have permission to access. Is it valid user in the db? What kind of permission in it?