Thread: Can't view report by non-admin windows user

Can't view report by non-admin windows user

Hi!
    At the begining i'd like to say halo and apologise for all my mistakes in english but let's get to the point...
    I use SQL Server 2008 R2 Express edition on Windows XP Prof. I have made little report in MS Visual Studio 2008, and published it. Everything is ok except viewing this report by non-administrator windows user. I have gave permission on the Home Report Server page for that user and group (Host\Users) but it stil doesn't work There is error message:'The permissions granted to user 'Host\User' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)'. I really don't know what did I wrong. I have read many, many articles and infos abot it but I can solve this problem.

This is crazy! Definietely I don't understand Windows and Report Server. I have granted permission ''Administrator'' to user XYZ in RS. In Windows that user has been placed in Users Group. I try to view RS management site with that user... acces denied, error (from log): Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.FolderPage+Insuffic ientPermissionsToRoot: User 'HOST\XYZ' does not have required permissions. Verify that sufficient permissions have been granted and Windows User Account Control (UAC) restrictions have been addressed. I'm not surprised but I have clicked "Previous" button in IE than "Next" buttno and....???? RS Home site is opend! WHY?????? Somebody help my to understand that stange situation!

Is ASP.NET or IIS connected in some way with permissions and windows accounts?

You have to put user in proper role in RS management console.